Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Seven Deadly Sins (Anime Version)

Review on The Seven Deadly Sins (anime version)
 So I stumbled upon this show once I opened Netflix to watch something. This is a Netflix Original...but I guess in terms of "original" they must of bought a contract out to dub the show and show it on Netflix first. The details aren't available to me but that is what I am assuming.

Here is a little information regarding the show.

This was originally a manga in Japan that was shown within the Weekly Shonen Magazine. The author and illustrator is Nakaba Suzuki. Most of his work is shown within Shonen Jumps/Shonen Magazines. The Seven Deadly Sin's is one of the few that he has created. I believe he has about a 6 or 7 manga. 

Obviously the anime may be slightly different from the manga but don't take me up on that. I have not been given the chance to locate and read them yet. Here is what you need to know about the story.

The Seven Deadly Sins were an active group of "Holy" knights. Now I put the "holy" in quotations mainly because after watching the show I believe that the Sins were way out of the "holy" knight's league skill wise; but back to the information. They reside in the region of Britanna. The Sins were disbanded after they were supposedly plotting to overthrow the Liones Kingdom. Their defeat was at the hands of the Holy Knights, but rumors still spread that they were still alive. Ten years go by, and the Holy Knights stage a coup d'etat and capture the king to become the new, tyrannical rulers of the kingdom. The 3rd princess starts out on a quest to find and bring together the Seven Deadly Sins in hopes to rescue her father and the kingdom.

There are many different characters within this anime, but trust me you will learn about each and everyone of them by the end the show.

Let's start with one of the two main characters. So I don't want to give away his name mainly because it will rune the first episode before you watch it. He is the young owner of the Boar Hat bar. His great skill is selling awesome ale, but his weakness is horrible cooking. The second main character is a beautiful young girl named Elizabeth. She just shows up at the Boar Hat bar in a huge rusty armor suit. When the bar owner asks what she was doing; she explained that she was looking for the Seven Deadly Sins because she needed their help.

Now I wish I could explain more, but the story starts right at the first episode. This leaves me with very little room to tell more because I could give it away. However, I can tell you all the names of the people that you will see in the show.

1. Meliodas
2. Hawk (bar owner's pet pig)
3. Merlin
4. Diane
5. Gowther

You won't see the characters in that exact order, but I will say that 4 out of the 5 will be members of the Seven Deadly Sins.



I wish I could explain more about the series (ONLY ONE SEASON!!!! D'X). You will just have to take the chance and watch the show. It is for sure one of the best I have ever watched. I hope that you enjoy it as well.

Let me know what you think of the show in the comments. If I missed anything please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment