Thursday, November 19, 2015

Garlic Basil Chicken Crock Pot Recipe

Garlic Basil Chicken Crock Pot Recipe

I apologize for the fact that I was only able to get one picture of the chicken. When I attempted to pull the chicken out of the crock pot with tongs (you insert the tongs into the chicken to lift it from the breast bone) the chest bong slipped right out... So unfortunately, the "result" picture was a no go.
However, I can guarantee that this recipe is really good! Now bare with me on the amounts of seasoning that you will need. You can change it to how you would like it of course.

Ingredients
1 whole Tyson chicken
1/2 stick of butter
1 large garlic clove or 2 small garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp basil paste/2 or 3 finely chopped basil leaves

1. Take some aluminum foil and ball the up into about palm size. You will need about 9 aluminum foil balls (depending on size of crock pot).
2. Place the aluminum balls into the bottom of the crock pot.
3. Take the chicken out of it's wrapping and wash it with cool water.
4. Remove the bag of giblets from the inside and throw it away (unless you like that stuff...keep it).
5. Place the washed chicken on a cutting broad and pat it with a paper towel to take off some of the water.
6. Mix together the basil, garlic, and butter together. If the butter is too hard, stick it in a bowl and microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
7. This is where you will get a little messy. With your hands, gather up some of your seasoning mixture and rub it all over the chicken. Include under the skin of the breast.
8. Once the chicken is fully covered and you have used all the seasoning, place the chicken on top of the aluminum foil balls.
9. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
10. Once the chicken is done, use some tongs and a knife to take off parts of the chicken (breast, wing, leg, etc.)
11. Serve and enjoy!

Now I know you are all wondering why the aluminum foil balls...well as the chicken cooks in the crock pot the fat and juices will drip down into the area that the chicken isn't touching. If you would like you could turn the drippings into gravy. I didn't get the opportunity to, but the next time I make this recipe I will definitely have to try it.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. I kind of just whipped it up when I saw the whole chicken was on sale and let me tell you there are A LOT of leftovers. So a delicious salad for lunch the next day at work would be yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment